Friday, November 7, 2014

// : Do me a Solid : //

Definition: Most commonly used in the form of a question, "Will you do me a solid?"  It is when one asks a friend, co-worker, acquaintance, or just anyone to do them a favor.  In most context it implies that this favor will help the person out immensely, keeping them whole or solid.

Origin: From my research I have tracked this down to first being heard in a Seinfeld episode where Kramer asks Jerry to do him a solid and sit in the car that is double parked while he picks up some birds.  (UrbanDictionary.com)

Unfortunately I couldn't find this video, or at least a good version of it.  So, instead I decided to show a funny video from the show, "Regular Show" that takes doing a solid to a whole other level.



Enjoy,
Danimal

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I catch myself saying "solid dude", like that's cool dude. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't hear this one as much as I think. I tried to think about when is the last time I heard it.

    ReplyDelete